Win10 x64, nVidia GTX 1080Ti
Broken: All master builds since this commit https://developer.blender.org/rB6554207841a452cc58857232837740746a1e8b80
Short description of error
I opened an old blend file and some objects were completely out of shape. I could reproduce that the Simple Deform modifier was the culprit.
I know that there was a commit that added the option to specify an axis (which is great), but obviously it gives different results when opening pre-commit scenes.
I also noticed that in my case setting the axis from x (default) to z fixed the problem.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open the blend file in 2.79
- It's a simple bent plane
- Open the same blend file in current master build
- The plane is no longer bent
- Go to the Simple Modifier settings and change the new axis option from x to z
- Looks like the upper result again