Linux Debian Buster or Debian Stretch
Broken: Blender v2.79b
Short description of error
In VSE, text strips are not resized correctly when the preview size is set to "Scene render size"
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open blender.
- Select the "Video editing" layout.
- Add a text strip (with menu Add / Effect strips / Text)
- In the "Effect strip" panel (of the "Strip" tab), increase the "Size" field until the text fills all the frame in the preview (something like 800 in my case)
- In the "View Settings" panel of the preview, change the "Proxy render size" field from Scene render size" to "No proxy, full render" : the text size suddenly reduces by half
Original text size with "Scene render size" :
Text size reduced by half with "No proxy, full render" :
- In the "View Settings" panel of the preview, set the "Proxy render size" to "Scene render size"
- Increase the value of the field "Percentage scale for render resolution" In the Render panel, from 50% to 100 % : the text size changes when de the percentage changes from 99% to 100 % :
Original text size at 99% :
Text size reduced by half at 100% :