Tested on Linux (Blender 2.79, Date: 2018-04-26 12:32, Hash:57405054b21, Branch: blender2.8)
By changing the ‘International Font’ in the System window, while all other UI components change its UI language to the selected one, the UI language of Edit Property, however, sticks to the language when it was popped up.
How to see it:
- Open Blender.
- File→User Preferences→System, drag the ‘User Preferences’ window to the other window if you have a dual monitor setup.
- Go to Properties panel on the right, choose the tab for ‘Sene’ (3rd one).
- Scroll down to the bottom and locate ‘Customer Properties’ section.
- Click ‘Add’ to add a new custom property. The name should be ‘prop’ by default, the next one should be ‘prop1’ etc..
- Scroll down (due to the amount API defined properties exist) to locate the newly added ‘prop’.
- Notice the current UI language is in English. Click on the button ‘Edit’ to popup a small dialog (black background), namely ‘Edit Property’, and see that the UI language of this popup is in English as well.
- Now turn to the ‘User Preferences’ window, click on the ‘Internationl Fonts’ and select a language of choice in the ‘Language’ drop-down list, then select the first two option below, ‘Interface’ (the first button) and the ‘Tool Tips’ (the second button). You should see the new language displays on all UI components, apart from this ‘Edit Property’ pop-up. It stays with the last language that was chosen when it was popped up.
- If you click on OK button to close this ‘Edit Property’ dialog, the again click on the ‘Edit’ button (in the chose language) then you will see the UI language of the dialog changed to the new language.
- If you now turn to the ‘User Preferences’ window, click on the ‘Internationl Fonts’ and change the ‘Language’ back to English, you will see the ‘Edit Property’ doesn’t change its language with the rest.
This is the image when the System’s language was changed to English after the Vietnamese.
This is the image when the System’s language was changed to Vietnamese after the English.