Task to keep track of all the issues that are currently causing issues with the Spring/Autumn blenrig rigs in 2.8 when using COW. Fixing these is important for getting the Spring team working in 2.8 next week.
Hook modifier on lattices doesn't work[SOLVED - rBb6e3430417d] - This was causing problems on Spring's eyes, which are almost exclusively deformed using hook-deformed lattices. Double transform when both Armature Modifier + Mesh Deform are enabled on GEO_body[SOLVED - rB6a4ba9133ce7 ] - This was caused by the mdef vgroup option (T55097)
- eg. In 01_025: Autumn (dog) rig has parts of geometry running off into space (i.e. you get dog body with various bits - face/head + feet - trailing off miles away). Rig is proxified.
- e.g. 01_020: Spring rig has similar problems as the dog in 01_025, except there are skin-colored spikes.
Custom bones were invisible in object mode(T55068) "Wireframe" option for custom bone shapes is ignored- This breaks control widgets with custom shape (e.g. "box" around the branch, or pyramids on feet) [SOLVED - rB35a298db520]
- Dark parts of eyes not visible - This is necessary for animators to check eyelines/facial poses. (Compare: 2.8 -
, master: )
- Probably cornea mesh is showing, due to drivers on "hide" properties no longer being able to work?
- The cornea material should be marked/be set as "transparent"
- Workaround: Use Mask Modifier instead to hide the geometry. (May need optimisations when all faces get removed)
- Workaround/Proper Fix: Put objects to be hidden like this into a collection, and drive the visibility of that collection
- Evaluation/Editing Speed
- Profiling suggests that the main costs are still just modifier evaluation (> 60%), particularly armature modifier (b-bone evaluation) and particles (perlin noise). COW related data copying and/or DM<->Mesh conversions were not major sources of speed issues.
- PyController Removal + Drivers/Custom Properties Creation Script thing? - @Juan Pablo Bouza (jpbouza) reports that it shouldn't be an issue. To be confirmed?
To be checked:
- Are there any other issues with Proxy-based workflow (apart from T55076)
- Are any other parts of the rigs broken, apart from the obvious glitches above?