Operating system and graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics
- Mac os 10.13.4
Broken: 2.79 2017-09-11
Short description of error
Importing an FBX with embedded textures doesn't initialize textures correctly and has the texture source pointing the the incorrect place.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- While in material display mode import the attached FBX
- Note that the model is purple
- Select the model in the hierarchy, note that the texture now displays on the model
- Note that the texture "Source" is not pointing to an ".fbm" directory"
- Just to further demonstrate the issue, export the model as an fbx and re-import it. You'll find that the texture is missing.
This old issue could be related: