NOTE: this is a direct dump of https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/Development/Todo/Install-OS (without cherrypicking the valid items)
Mac OS X
- Users have to manually change OS X defaults:
- Map middle mouse to regular "Mouse button 2"
- Make the Function keys use modifiers (so Blender sees these)
- Change the Shift+NumPad options to not use Shift (change spaces)
- The latter two could become part of a new standard OS X compliant map in the future?
- Finder aliases or hidden files are not being recognized by Blender
- OS X swallows some key events, like e.g. emulated numpad - on Norvegian keyboard (see T38273).
- Blender prevents OSX from sleep T38702
- Drives could be auto-mounted as they are in Ubuntu's file manager (selecting an unmounted drive mounts it). see T30518
- Support Freedesktop clipboard management, see T38674
- Support xkbset accessibility T39047
- Support XINPUT matrix for cursor warping T48901 (edit: this depends on a bug-fix in xorg, see task)