Mid-2014 MacBook Pro with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB Graphics
Broken: Version 2.79 (2.79 2017-09-11, Blender Foundation)
Short description of error
Tried to import a .dae file downloaded from Sketchup, and nothing happened after selecting the file from the Import dialog.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Went to https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/f680c75e-0308-4976-ad1a-59c61eb84faf/K-5299-RA-Highline-Classic-10-gpf-Comfort-Height-two-piece-elongated-toilet-with-Class-Five-flush-technology-and-right-hand-trip-lever
- Downloaded the Collada File from the page; also uploaded here:
- Opened blender from the command line
- Selected menu: File > Import > Collada (Default) (.dae)
- Selected the model.dae in the dialog. The dialog closed, but see an empty scene still. I expected to see an error or something if it couldn't import it.
On the command line, I see the following:
Read prefs: /Users/myuser/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.79/config/userpref.blend Color management: display "sRGB" used by scene not found, setting to default ("sRGB / BT.709"). Color management: scene view "Default" not found, setting default "sRGB EOTF". Color management: sequencer colorspace "sRGB" not found, will use default instead. found bundled python: /Applications/blender.app/Contents/Resources/2.79/python drop file /Users/myuser/Downloads/model.dae Writing node id='ID4', name='skpC9F6' Writing node id='ID5', name='instance_1' Cannot find object for node referenced by <instance_node name="">. Writing node id='ID6', name='_5299-RA' Writing node id='', name='SketchUp' Writing node id='', name='skp_camera_Last_Saved_SketchUp_View' Writing node id='ID3', name='instance_0' create <instance_node> under node id=ID3 from node id=ID4 got 25 library nodes to free
The line Cannot find object for node referenced by <instance_node name="">. being output does make me wonder if something is going wrong. However, I can see the file OK in a https://threejs.org/ based Collada viewer (and the associated https://threejs.org/examples/js/loaders/ColladaLoader.js )
Has anyone else seen this problem in 2.79b?