Xubuntu 18.04, AMD TR 1950X, Titan X (Pascal)
Broken: 2.64 - 2.79b (Tested 2.64, 2.65, 2.70, 2.75 and 2.79)
Worked: N/A (Feature was introduced in 2.64 as far as I can tell)
Short description of error
After animating the bevel factor end and / or start of a curve with multiple parts, the animation stays linked with any parts that might be separated after.
Even after making the animation single user for the separated paths, all the animations stay linked when using the graph editor, causing any change to propagate to both the original curve and any ohter separated ones.
Only when switching to the NLA / Action editor can the animations be unlinked, causing the keyframes to no longer be editable.
File attached for easy testing
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create path, duplicate paths a few times in edit mode. (Alternatively, create hair system, convert it and then convert again to a curve)
- Animate Bevel factor start and / or end.
- Select a few of the paths in edit mode and separate.
- (Optional) Make animation single user. (Has no effect unfortunately)
- Try changing keyframes of separated path.
- Upon scrubbing the timeline the original path has the adjusted animation as well.
- After using the NLA / Action editor the animation is unlinked, but keyframes are no longer editable