- Windows 10 Pro x64 (1803)
- AMD Radeon RX580 4GB with Radeon Software 18.8.1
Broken: d7b5e2fa72c 2018-08-10 15:54
Short description of error
Blender freezes when switching to the Lookdev or Rendered view when Eevee is the active rendering engine.
This does not happen with the OpenGL or Cycles rendering engines.
As Blender does not crash and must be forcibly closed from the OS, no crash report is available.
It appears that this issue cannot be reproduced on Linux.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open blender with factory settings
- Switch to the Lookdev or Rendered (Eevee) view
- Blender Freezes (no crash)
GPU occupation is anomalously elevated while Blender is frozen.
The freeze can be reproduced with both release and debug builds executed with the command line flags --factory-startup -t 1 --debug-gpu -d.
Command line output attached.