Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, version 10.0.17134 Build 17134,
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4201 Mhz, 4 Core(s),
32GB System Memory,
Dual AMD WX 7100 GPUs with 8GB VRAM Each
Broken: Blender 2.8 Alpha2 (blender-2.80-0e8bd6ba8a2-win64)
Short description of error
When rendering with my dual AMD GPU setup I get an immediate crash when attempting to render using my GPUs with Cycles. This crash also occurs when I only enable one of my GPUs. With the new alpha release I did manage to enable the GPU rendering in the viewport with a preview render, but get an immediate crash when rendering using F12.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on a (as simple as possible) attached .blend file with minimum amount of steps
- Load a scene I created in Blender 2.8 previous alpha release, set.blend.
- In the preferences make sure to enable dual WX 7100 cards for GPU rendering.
- Set render engine to Cycles.
- Under performance render tab set device to GPU Compute.
- Render using F12 keyboard shortcut in Windows.
(See attached screenshot and set.blend file)