Operating system and graphics card
Win7 Home Premium Geforce GTX 670M
Broken: (example: 2.69.7 4b206af, see splash screen)
Blender 2.79b For Windows 2018-03-22 14:10 64bit
Short description of error
IMPORT and/or EXPORT of BVH Files partly making problems
see example description (easily verifyable)
The rigify Addon must be active ! (very simple to verify)
- Start Blender , delete default cube, from 'add' menu add Human(metarig)
- From 'File' menu choose 'export' -> Motion Capture (.bvh)
- Leave the 'Export BVH' properties as is (scale = 1.0,Start Frame = 1, End Frame=250) Rotation: Euler(native) -> so, nothing changed
- Store it as untitled.bvh
- For the .bvh import start a new Blender session and delete the default cube
- From 'File' menu choose 'import' -> Motion Capture (.bvh)
- Select the stored file from former export and only change BVH properties to 'Y-Forward' to have the same position as before
So what I should get when I reimport the armature stored as .bvh animation File
is the exactly same what I have saved as described above.
Unfortunatley this is not the case:
If you look at the head-bone rotation before exporting it,
it is totally different after .bvh file reimport !
But it should be the same !
First I thought this was the only problem - but then I looked at the feet:
The foot-bones also have a different orientation and length after reimport.
Then I detected also a fault at the hand of the aramture: The palm.01.L and
palm.01.R also are oriented wrongly !!!
Unfortunately I have no other software where I could check what is wrong :
The exporting or the importing of the armature !
But should be easy for you !
One thing I checked was the scaling to 100 when I exported the armature
then I got a different rotation angle for the head but a still wrong one
when reimporting !
This had no influence on the wrongly angled feet bones nor on the
wrongly handled palm.01.L , palm.01.R
I tested this on 2 different PC's and had the same result.
I think this bug is a really important one, because it is more and more important
to be able to export and import animations between e.g. game engines and Blender
reliably, even more with Blender 2.8 (which i didn't check)
By the way: Thank you very much for this excellent Blender pice of software !
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on a (as simple as possible) attached .blend file with minimum amount of steps