Windows 10 and Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 , AMD FX 8300 3.30 Ghz , 16 gb
Also checked on the same PC with Linux Ubuntu 18.04 , and it have the same bug.
Broken: blender-2.80-5bd731b6730-win64 Aug 24 2018 02:35:49
also blender-2.80-0cf12dfc14f-linux-glibc219-x86_64 Aug 24 2018 01:28:24
Crashes when extruding edges in edit mode with snap setting turned on
- Create a sphere, add to it Sub surf modifer, aplly it.
- Add new plane .Turn edit mode.
- Select 2 vertex or 1 edge .
- Turn on snapping ( to faces )
- Extrude few or more times edge on the sphere with snapping to the sphere. It will constantly crash.
On the sphere it crashes not so often ( maybe need around 20 times to extrude (to make crash ) . On more dense mesh (complex dynotopo head around 500 000 tris) crash is more often ( almost every extrude , 1 or 2 enough to make a crash).
If I turn off snapping , then all fine, no crashes.
Thanks for your work , you are awesome =) Good luck.
Also here is simple file with an explanation ( Just go in edit mode and extrude)