The new unified toolbar and gizmo system in Blender 2.8 will make Blender more powerful, and allow us to reach new audiences.
However, to make this tool system successful, we must follow through and do a good job of actually implementing each tool, to make sure it works as expected, in a consistent and sensible way.
Here's a todo list which explains for each tool, what needs to be changed to make them work well. Each item is now in a subtask.
Order of importance:
Very Important - needs to be addressed in order for the system to be in a workable state
Somewhat Important - We really should add these features before we ship
Less Important - things that would be nice to add, which would make tools feel better, or give them more capabilities
? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
Other nice tools-related issues
- T57234 Camera Gizmo Todo
- T57204 Move Tool Todo
- T57208 3D Cursor Tool Todo
- T57209 Circle Select Tool Todo
- T57213 Loop Cut Tool Todo
- T57214 Spin Tool Todo
- T57218 To Sphere Tool Todo
- T57219 Bisect Tool Todo
- T57220 Bend Tool Todo
- T57221 Curve Extrude Tool Todo
- T62249 Curve Smooth Tool Todo
- T57226 Grease Pencil Shear Tool Todo
- T57231 Sculpt Mode Border Mask Tool Todo
- T57232 Sculpt Mode Border Hide Tool Todo
- T57754 Sculpt Mode Simplify Tool