The new unified toolbar and gizmo system in Blender 2.8 will make Blender more powerful, and allow us to reach new audiences.
However, to make this tool system successful, we must follow through and do a good job of actually implementing each tool, to make sure it works as expected, in a consistent and sensible way.
Here's a todo list which explains for each tool, what needs to be changed to make them work well. Each item is now in a subtask.
Order of importance:
Very Important - needs to be addressed in order for the system to be in a workable state
Somewhat Important - We really should add these features before we ship
Less Important - things that would be nice to add, which would make tools feel better, or give them more capabilities
? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
- T57202: Support Undo for tweaking Gizmos
- T57210: Create Object Tools Todo
- T57846: Use toolbar for Clip Editor
- T57234: Extended Controls for Camera Gizmo
- T69550: 3D Cursor tool todo
Other nice tools-related issues
- T57204: Move Tool Todo
- T57208: 3D Cursor Tool Todo
- T57209: Circle Select Tool Todo
- T57213: Loop Cut Tool Todo
- T57214: Spin Tool Todo
- T57218: To Sphere Tool Todo
- T57219: Bisect Tool Todo
- T57220: Bend Tool Todo
- T57221: Curve Extrude Tool Todo
- T62249: Support Curve Smooth Tool
- T69661: Measure Tool Todo's
- T57226: Grease Pencil Shear Tool Todo
- T57231: Sculpt Mode Border Mask Tool Todo
- T57232: Sculpt Mode Border Hide Tool Todo
- T57754: Sculpt Mode Simplify Tool