Windows 10 Pro - version 1803 - build 17134.285
Intel Core i5-3350p
Nvidia GeForce GTX 780
RAM DDR3 2x4GB 1333mhz running dual channel
Broken: 2.8 (Downloaded 21. 09. 2018)
Short description of error
Object Mode > Object > Transform > Mesh from Curve\Meta\Surf\Text
When applied to a curve directly beveled by shape of another curve, it does not create a mesh, only turns the original curve into edges.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- open new file
- add two bezier curve circles, one bigger and one smaller
- go to properties panel of the big circle > object data > bevel > choose the second smaller circle as object
- in the same menu move the "bevel start" slider to make the bevel appear, you should have a torus now
- in 3D view in object mode go to Object > Transform > Mesh from Curve\Meta\Surf\Text
- RESULT IN 2.8: Turns the curve into circle of vertices, not a torus mesh.
- RESULT IN 2.79b: Turns the curve into a torus-shaped mesh.