Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, some on-board graphics card
Short description of error
When sculpting with dyntopo, if you enter vertex paint mode once, dyntopo will from then on always be disabled upon entering sculpt mode, and enabling it will always give a vertex data warning message.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open a new scene with the default cube selected.
- Go to sculpt mode.
- Enable dyntopo in the tool shelf.
- Go to object mode, then back to sculpt mode. Dyntopo is still enabled, as expected.
- Go to vertex paint mode, then go back to sculpt mode. Dyntopo has now been automatically disabled with a vertex data warning.
- From now on, after going out of and back into sculpt mode, dyntopo will always be disabled, and enabling it will always give the vertex data warning message.
- As far as I can tell, there's no way on the UI to remove the vertex color data that was apparently added when vertex paint mode was entered. Thus, it becomes impossible to make the vertex data warning message go away for good, or to keep dyntopo enabled when leaving and reentering sculpt mode.
Additonal note: I discovered this issue during a sculpting project when I accidentally entered vertex paint mode by clicking on the wrong button in the pie menu. This could easily happen to others!