Operating system and graphics card
Linux 64 Manjaro
Intel i7 CPU
Nvidia 1070 on a laptop
Broken: blender 2.8 viewport
Worked: blender 2.7x series
Short description of error
The background image is not visible through the camera when the x-ray toggle is turned off in wireframe display mode.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- open blender 2.8 latest build.
- press "0" on numpad to look through the camera.
- select camera and setup a backGround image.
- toggle wireframe mode in the viewport.
- toggle x-ray using z-key.
you will notice that the image plane is occluded and not visible through the objects.