Broken: 2.79b & 2.80
When deleting a stip leading up to a crossfade, the transition will move the transition on top of the following stip and in the full duration of that strip.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error:
- Add two movie strips to the sequencer in the same channel with a bit of space between them.
- Select both strips.
- Shift + A > Transition > Cross
- A transition should now have been created between the two strips.
- Delete the left strip.
- The transition will now place itself in the same channel op top of the strip to the right and with the same duration.
- Moving the two strips makes them move into separate channels.
The process is illustrated in this gif:
Maybe it is because of the frame_start of the cross transition strip is read-only? So instead of having its own frame_start value defined it inherits the frame_start value of the second strip? This bug may affect all effect and transition strips(without frame_start)?