CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: RX 570 4GB
OS: Windows 10 Home
Broken: Blender 2.8 Beta 26d5a3625ed
Short description of error:
When a child object is instanced to a parent, it is invisible is the Cycles render. If this is an intentional change, then it should be consistent with EEVEE and I'd like to know of a way of achieving the results capable in Blender 2.79b
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error:
- Open Blender and switch to the 3D viewport and the cycles render engine.
- Delete everything in the viewport.
- Add a plane.
- Add a cube and scale it down (E.G. x0.1)
- In the object properties panel for the cube under relations, set the plane as it's parent.
- In the object properties panel for the plane under instancing, select "verts".
- Add a light object to the scene so you can see shading on objects in the scene.
- Enter rendered viewport mode and notice that the plane and the instanced cubes are invisible. (Same applies for final renders)
Here's a file to test with: