Operating system: Windows 10
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960
CPU: i7 860
so I've been rendering with cycles in the newest 2.8 build, and been enjoying it a lot. BUT I set my pc to render overnight and set the samples to be done rendering about 13 hours later (as it said in the REMAINING text at the top bare when rendering) then when I checked the morning after it was at like "150 hours left." I then took some time to figure out what was happening. So i stopped the render, and just started the render over again to check. after about 5 minutes it started going 2 minutes up each second
I started the render in cycles, and experimented with tile size, and set it to 32 (rendering with CPU) and the samples to about 5000. I hit render, and the time goes up 1-2 minutes per seconds. Then tried with other projects, and the same thing happened. Then blender is crashing when rendering with GPU...
The weird part is that I am able to render the whole thing in 2.7(what i also ended up with) both with cpu and gpu
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible).