Operating system: Windows 10 version 1803
Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Processor: Intel core i5 3230M
Broken: 2.8.0 beta, 2018-11-30
Worked: 2.79, 2018*11-29 (cycles only)
Short description of error
Blender crashes when I try to add materials to a model (default cube in this case) both in eevee and cycles.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Based on the default startup, add a plane to below the cube,
- Switch to shading workspace.
- Use Ctrl+T to add the basic texture node setup (node wrangler addon),
- add in an image texture, and blender immediately crashes.
- blender freezes a second after clicking the use nodes options in the materials tab and doesn't respond till a force close and reopen. this happens even in solid mode.