Operating system: win 7
Graphics card: gtx 550ti
Broken: Blender 2.8 beta
Worked: (optional) Blender 2.79 latest master
Short description of error
Unable to switch between 2 objects without going through Object mode.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible).
This is for me the biggest regression so far i mentioned it before, but somehow it didn't get enough attention -> https://developer.blender.org/T56744#536291
This is one the feature that help us in Blender to work fast while sculpting or bones weight painting . And this is the way we make good use of right click select and left click action. Explained at length here -> https://vimeo.com/76335056
In Blender 2.79:
First case: working with 2 or more meshes
- Select 1 mesh go to sculpt mode and do some sculpts and
- Select another mesh go to sculpt mode with this second mesh and do some work as well
- Now select the first mesh you will see that with the first mesh selected you enter straight to sculpt mode no need to through object mode.
Try the same thing in Blender 2.8.35
You will see that to move from step 2 to 3 you have to go through object mode, select the second object and switch to sculpt mode every times you will need to switch you have to go through object mode and so on.
Second case: skinning ( weighing your character)
In Blender 2.79, after parenting your mesh to your armature do this:
- select the mesh go to weigh paint mode and
- Select your armature go to pose mode
- Now with left click you can paint and with right click you can select individual bones
Now Try the same thing in Blender 2.80.35, you see that you cannot select your bones :(
In Blender 2.80.35 since you cannot select a bone while your mesh is in weigh painting mode you are stuck with selecting via vertex group and a rigged character can have easily 50 bones and you have scroll or well remember your vertex group (bone's name)