Operating system: Fedora 29; Linux localhost 4.19.4-300.fc29.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Nov 23 13:03:11 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Graphics card: GTX 1050 Ti
Broken: 2.79 a9bd7883484 (Downloaded Dec 1st)
(example: 2.79b release)
(example: 2.80, edbf15d3c044, blender2.8, 2018-11-28, as found on the splash screen)
Short description of error
The entire UI is translucent
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible).
- Fresh install of Fedora 29 Workstation using Gnome 3
- Fresh download of Blender
- Simply open Blender
- UI is unusably translucent
- If light windows are behind Blender, Blender doesn't even look like it's opened at all
- If dark windows are behind Blender, Blender UI can be seen, somewhat
I apologize if there's an easy way to tweak the UI back to normal here. If this is a default setting and not a bug, it seems highly inappropriate.
Note by the screenshot that other windows (eg: Thunar sitting behind Blender) don't have this problem.