CPU: Rzyen 5 2600
GPU: RX 570 4GB
OS: Windows 10 Home
Broken: Blender 2.8 Beta 925380050d0
Short description of error:
When a smoke domain has no smoke and a volume shader is plugged into the volume output for the nodes material while viewport rendering for Cycles is activated, Blender will crash.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error:
- Open Blender and change the render engine to Cycles if you haven't already.
- Select the default cube and give it smoke domain properties.
- Enter rendered viewport mode and open a shader editor in another window.
- Add a volume shader of any kind (Principled Volume, Volume Absorption, or Volume Scatter) and plug the shader into the "Volume" input of the material output node.
- Blender will crash. This does not occur on non-smoke domain objects or smoke domains with smoke in it.
File with a smoke domain with no smoke: