Operating system: Windows 10
Graphics card: 2xNVIDIA GTX 1080TI
Broken: example: 2.80, a205493426b-windows64
Short description of error
A file, recovered from Auto Save, is saved to the name of another file previously saved, effectively overwriting it.
The recovered file has not been saved previously, but was a new one.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a new File in Blender and work on it. Do not save.
- System crashes (for reasons outside of Blender).
- After system is restarted, start Blender.
- Recover from Auto Save, selecting the appropriate file. (BTW: Great functionality!)
- CAREFUL: The following may lead to data loss!
- Press Ctrl-S to save the recovered file. It is saved under the name of a file from a previous session, effectively overwriting that file.