Operating system: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 35), branch: blender2.8, commit date: 2018-12-09 20:51, hash: 168a6a4bfc1, type: Release
build date: 09/12/2018, 17:03
Short description of error
"Disable collection in renders" option can't be controlled individually by View Layers.
"Hide collection in viewport" works and can be controlled individually by View layers.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create two objects (Cube, Sphere e.g.)
- Create two new Collections, rename them and move the related object to the collection like in this example:
Name one Collection: "Collection_Cube" and the other collection "Collection_Sphere" and move the releated objects into them.
- Now create two View Layers and name them "View Layer Cube" and "View Layer Sphere".
- In the Sphere View Layer disable the Cube Collection Visibility and disable the Cube Collection Rendering too.
- Do the same in the Cube View Layer, but with the Sphere Collection.
The result should be:
When switching to View Layer Cube, you will see the cube only in the viewport. The sphere is invisible.
When switching to View Layer Sphere, you will see the sphere only in the viewport. The cube is invisible.
But note: You can't control the collection render visibility in the View Layers. The Objects will always be rendered by using the global render visibility. The collections render visibility can never be controlled individually by the current View Layer settings. For me the view layers make no sence for rendering at the moment.
Is this a bug or not implemented yet?
Switch between the "View Layer Cube" and the "View Layer Sphere" in my example file. You are able to switch between the collection visibility but you can't control the render visibility in view layers.