Operating system: Ubuntu 17.10
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050
Broken: 2.80, 81ea815dcb6, 2018-12-12
Short description of error
Blender crashes immediately after loading the second file (machin3_2_decals_crash_after_loading.blend)
I have observed the following:
- Only happens when there are at least 2 mesh decals(textured planes) in the scene. Works fine where there is only one!
- Mesh decals have material with a parallax node tree. This plays a role, in its absence everything works fine.
- Mesh decals have a data transfer modifier (custom normals). The viewport visibility prop plays a role. Decals are imported via bpy.data.libarries.load(). When mod visibility is turned off, everything is fine. Also, If I manually toggle the viewport visibility and save, everything will work fine.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- load machin3_1_decal_loads_fine.blend
- contains 1 mesh decal + sphere, try loading it multiple times. Should work fine.
- duplicate selected mesh decal and move it to the side a bit
- save blend, this is what machin3_2_decals_crash_after_loading.blend is
- try loading it multiple times, it should crash a lot
I can replicate this with a factory reset Blender too.