Operating system: MacOS and Windows
Graphics card: GeForce 108Ti and Radeon Pro 560X 4096 MB
Broken: 2.80 Beta
Short description of error
The mouse left button drag to select does not allow the use of the SHIFT key to deselect, but the B selection box does allow the SHIFT key to deselect. Similarly, the B selection box does not allow the use of the CTRL key to deselect but the mouse left button drag does. This is inconsistent.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create several objects
- Use A to select all objects
- Use B to box select
- Hold the SHIFT key and drag the box around one of the objects
- Observe that it has been deselected
- Use A to select all objects again
- Without using a shortcut key, left click and drag to start a selection box
- Hold the shift key and drag the box around one of the objects
- Observe that is has NOT been deselected.
Of course there are workaround for this since you can click the Subtract button before dragging. I also notice that CTRL works instead of SHIFT to deselect (I suppose this is consistent with things like the sculpting brushes).
In any case, the 2 box select mechanisms are inconsistent with each other.