Operating system: WIndows 10
Graphics card: nvidia gtx1080
Broken: 2.80, 91a155833e59, 2019-01-07
(example: 2.79b release)
(example: 2.80, edbf15d3c044, blender2.8, 2018-11-28, as found on the splash screen)
Short description of error
When using particle edit mode and groom brush, there is a lot of lag when I have a high amount of interpolated child particle display amount. This is the case even if I'm not displaying children while in particle edit mode. Lag disappears as soon as I choose particle system > children > none instead of interpolated
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible).
- create a sphere
- select sphere and go to "properties > particles" and add a particle system with emission type "hair"
- go to "particle systemem > children" and click "interpolated"
- Change "children > display amount" to something high (for example 250)
- in the viewport, go to particle edit mode and start grooming. It is very laggy.
- change to "children > none"
- Try to comb in particle edit mode. The lag is gone