Operating system: win 10pro 64 bit
Graphics card: gtx 1070
Hi, there seems to be a bug when using a texture to control particle density via the texture tab’s influence panel. I have to pump up the hair count to something like 5000 just to get maybe 10 or so hairs. UV’s are correct etc, and UV and relevant map are selected in the mapping panel. Also display is set to 100%.
I’m on 2.79b, and have tried various file formats and bit depth’s for the black and white distribution image (jpg, png, tiff).
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create particle system and set to hair type emitter
- set count to 10
- in the render panel choose object as the render type and populat e the dupli object field with the object to scatter
- add a new texture at the bottom of the particles panel
- go to texture properties, ensure type is set to 'image or movie', load in a black and white density image and set mapping to uv and select the correct uv map
- go down to influence, uncheck time and check density instead.
- make sure display is set to 100%
- try different particle count values and notice that the specified value is not reflected in the viewport (increasing to 1000 for example might result in something like 5 hairs/objects being scattered.