Operating system: Ubuntu 18.10
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Short description of error
When the bevel modifier is on, shape key animations have no effect.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Add a cube and subdivide it 10 times.
- Add the base shape-key.
- Add a second shape-key with a value of 0 and select it.
- In edit mode, use "To Sphere" to make the cube a sphere.
- Go back into object mode and observe that adjusting the second shape-key slider between 0 and 1 transitions the shape from cube to sphere.
- Keyframe the slider to 0 at frame 1 and keyframe it to 1 at frame 30.
- In object mode, observe that moving across the timeline between frames 1 and 30 changes the shape of the cube to a sphere.
- Select the base shape-key and set the second shape-key slider value to 0.
- Add a bevel modifier.
- Select the second shape-key and observe that the shape immediately changes to a sphere despite the aforementioned slider being at 0.
- Observe that sliding the slider does nothing.
- Observe that nothing happens when you move the timeline.