Operating system: Windows 10 x64
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1060
Broken: 2.80, dd3f5186260e, 2019-01-21
Short description of error
When you have Freestyle enabled and have enabled Selection by "Collection" in the "Freestyle Line Set" module, render result won't include any freestyle lines. Disabling "Collection" option in the "Freestyle Line Set > Selection by" section fixes this and freestyle renders fine.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create a new blend project (generic)
- In render settings, enable "Freestyle"
- Create a new collection, then move default cube into that collection
- In "View Layer" settings, Add a new Freestyle Line Set, then enable "Collection" in the "Selection by" section
- Under the "Collection field" in "Freestyle Line Set", choose the new collection that you had recently created (make sure it is set to inclusive)
- Enter into camera perspective, then press F12 to render out image and view result
Based on the default startup or an attached .blend file (as simple as possible):