Operating system: Win 10 64bit
Graphics card: 2x GTX 1080ti
Broken: 2.8 - 2019-01-25 00:40
Viewport playback is fast, but rendering an OpenGL playblast or Eevee of that viewport is much, much slower.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open any .blend, or this attached:
- Hit spacebar to play the animation
- You should see it plays at 30FPS
- Then in 3d viewport, click View>Viewport Render Animation
- It will now render the viewport, but at a much slower rate of around 1FPS.
I and other users on twitter have also experienced this while rendering Eevee animations, despite the viewport and render samples being the same. This makes the bug pretty severe as fast animation rendering is almost the sole reason to use Eevee.
PS. I've tried switching the renderer to workbench and doing a direct animation render, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference.