Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070
Broken: 2.80 3d8cbb534f82 (2019-01-25)
Worked: 2.79b release
A surface force field does not affect hair dynamics when it is part of a collection that is linked into another file.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a hair particle system, with hairs along x axis.
- Enable hair dynamics on hair
- Create a surface force field underneath it.
- Press play button to verify hair is affected by force field.
- Save file
- Link the collection from the first file into another file. (I have 'Instance Collections' turned on)
- Press play. hair will fall and not be affected by the force field.
Example blend file attached.