Operating system: Win10 x64
Graphics card: Nvidia 1070
version: 2.79 (sub 6), branch: blender2.8, commit date: 2018-12-14 16:39, hash: 4e3562f45ad, type: Release
build date: 14/12/2018, 17:17
Short description of error
It seems like select_method=Automatic renders the rotation gizmo useless on Windows. Linux version does not have this issue. I was able to get someone from "Blendercoders" Irc channel to test and confirm this issue.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
(You are using Windows 10 x64)
I tried with factory settings as well, the result is the same.
- Create a cube
- Open User preferences -> System -> Selection -. Automatic (my anisotropic is off)
- Enable rotation gizmo, try to rotate using the actual axis (one of the red, green, blue) Screen space works but those axis do not work.
- Instead of rotating, the action turns into a regular drag, so it is frustrating.
- Now again open User preferences -> System -> Selection -. Automatic
- Change the setting to "Opengl Occlusion Queries"
- The rotation gizmo functionality is back and works as expected
This same setting on 2.8 does not seem to cause this issue