Operating system: Windows 7 64bit
Graphics card: GeForce 1060
blender-2.80.0-git.036ec5cae4f7-windows64 (12. Feb. 2019)
blender-2.80.0-git.55e3c17ccc1-windows64 (14. Oct. 2018)
early Feb. 2019 build on Ubuntu 18
Short description of error
the window area borders offer a context menu to join/ split areas.
right-clicking on the "join area" has a high chance of crashing
blender, if (any other) two areas were joined previously.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- start blender
- right-click on the border between outliner and properties area
- join those areas, e.g. towards properties
- right-click on the border between 3d view and timeline
- RIGHT-click on the "join area" menu entry
- do nothing with it, move the mouse away to make the 2 context menus disappear
- repeat steps 4 to 6 until blender is gone
found this as i tried to split and join areas by hotkeys (f4 to split and Q quick menu to join).
happens on a self-compiled build on ubuntu from about a week ago as well.
my impression is that each right click on "join area" has about a 30 to 50 percent
chance to crash to desktop.
however, it does not crash (or takes a lot of repetitions?) if no other areas were