Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Graphics card: nVidia gtx 660
Broken: 2.80, 54ffc4e19dc4, blender2.7, 2019-02-25
Short description of error
Material changes are not reflected in collection instance placed in another scene.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Load factory settings
- Change viewport mode to lookdev
- Add default cube to a new collection named "source" (select cube, press ctrl-g and change collection name in last operation properties popup)
- Create new scene
- In new scene, add empty "plain axes" and set its instancing to the "source" collection
- Go back to original scene and change the cube material's "base color"
- Go back to new scene and notice that the color is not updated