When using the paint modes, we have a Tools section in the Properties.
Currently it looks like this:
The problem is that it's incredibly disorganized.
- The color palette swatches are far away from the palette picker
- The color gradient appears far away from the Use Gradient checkbox
- The lock icons next to the Strength and Radius icons have nothing to do with locking anything at all
- The brush picker itself is overly large, and the current, fixed images don't update when you change brush settings
So, here's how we could re-organize the Paint Mode Tool Properties:
- Organize things more logically.
- Keep palette picker and the palette itself together.
- Keep Gradient checkbox and gradient controls together
- Improve the brush preview and make it dynamic (harder)
- Improve the color wheel and color foreground/background controls
- Color wheel slider is much too narrow currently - make it wider and easier to hit.
- Remove the lock icons and add a separate panel with descriptive options instead.