Operating system: Windows 8 64 bit
Short description of error
I am building a 'LayerStack' node that would allow you to stack up layers and paint in them as you do, e.g., in Photoshop. The whole thing only makes sense in Eevee but, unfortunately, it does not work.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open the file, open the text editor and the shader editor.
- Run the script, you will see the 'LayerStack' node added to the ShaderEditor window.
- Click the plus button to add a new layer to the node.
- Connect the RGB input into the 'LayerStack' node, output the 'LayerStack' node into the 'BaseColor' of the principled shader.
- Switch to 3d Viewport Object Mode.
- Check that the custom node group does work in Cycles.
- Switch to Eevee, the object is grey.
Comment: I know that this is a separate bug report but, just FYI, there also seems to be a problem with custom Socket types. I have registered
class MySocketClass(bpy.types.NodeSocketColor): def __init__(self): instructions() def draw(params): instructions() def draw_color(params): instructions()
when this socket is instantiated in the shader editor, FPS of Blender becomes twice as little. Also, when I instantiate MySocketClass(), Cycles preview would constantly rerender (like each frame), as if MySocketClass were sending some strange kind of updates to it. If I close the shader editor, the problem goes away (not the main bug, just the constant updates bug). I do post another bug report for that but maybe you find it useful to know because looks like there's a mess with subclasses of Node-related types...