Operating system: windows 8 64 bit
Graphics card: render with CPU, notebook integrated
Short description of error
registering MySocketClass(bpy.types.NodeSocketColor) and instantiating this in the NodeShaderEditor leads to severe lags when the ShaderEditor is open simultanesouly with another ShaderEditor window, View3D, or Compositor. There are no lags when it's the only window open of the laggy type (View3D, ShaderEditor, Compositor)
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- run the script (the cube must be active for the script to run)
- if shader editor and View 3d are open together, you'll notice the lags.
- if you now close one of them, the lag goes away.
Also some infos on the lags and performance depending on which window is open simultaneously with the ShaderEditor:
- Image Editor: no lags
- UVEditor: no lags
- ShaderEditor -> lags, first very slight but if more windows are opened, the lags become very severe
- Compositor -> no lags at first, lags when more compositor windows are opened
- Texture Node Editor -> very slight lags, even with many windows open
- Movie Clip -> no effect
- 3D View -> very strong lags
Please, also note, that the whole thing crashes my PC after some time. this crash isn't a freeze, however, it rather looks as if UI elements of Windows are not drawn correctly any longer. PC also does not respond to clicks but one can notice that the tasks still run correctly.