Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
Graphics card: GTX 1080
Short description of error
Cycles Preview render removes all shading from the scene. This is very evident when using border renders to help isolate down sections to work on (which is key for working on large scale production scenes.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Open attached blend file in blender 2.79
- hit shift z in the 3d viewport
- notice how you can see the building to the left
- close blender 2.79, and open the attahced blend file in blender 2.8
- hit shift z in the 3d viewport (blender 2.79 keymap)
- notice how you cannot see the building to the left anymore?
This means that reframing whilst border rendering is no longer possible, nor is it possible to change the border render without guessing to work on a different area of the frame without having to go back to solid mode and then back to rendered mode. Going in and out of solid mode can be 20-30 seconds on production scenes so limiting the amount of switching is important.