Operating system: win7
Graphics card: gtx1070
Broken: (blender-2.80.0-git.42dd888b98b5-windows64; blender-2.79.0-git.d7cecc2ba3f6-windows64)
Short description of error
Auto Smooth option from Object Data, Normal Tab stops working when autosmooths angle is set below 90* and we add and clear custom split normals data.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create cube
- Set shading to smooth
- Go to object data, Normals tab, and check Auto Smooth checkbox
- Make copy of this cube and set it on side
- On first Cube change value of Auto Smooth below 90. 50 is fine
- On second Cube, change Auto Smooth value above 90. 110 is fine
- On both cubes go into geometry data and Add Custom Split Normal Data and Clear Custom Split Normal Data
- Now play with Auto Smooth angle.
On first cube with angle set below 90, you will see that autosmooth stoped working, and on cube with angle set above 90, autosmooth will work fine.