Operating system: Darwin-18.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit 64 Bits
Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro 560X OpenGL Engine ATI Technologies Inc. 4.1 ATI-2.8.38
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 55), branch: master, commit date: 2019-04-09 10:54, hash: rB32f3d4799072
Worked: Unknown - Just started using Eevee volumetrics
Short description of error
Principled Volume Shader on objects is always completely transparent. Principled Volume Shader on the World causes 3D workspace rendering artifacts.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- See the attached .blend file.
- Make sure you are set to use Eevee and are in Display Render Preview
- Make sure the cube is selected
- Observe that the cube does not seem to render other than its outline
- Switch renderer to Cycles and observe basic volume rendering
- Switch renderer back to Eevee
- Switch the Shader Editor from Object to World
- Connect the Principled Shader node to the Volume input of the World Output node
- In the 3D viewport use middle mouse button to navigate around the scene.
- Observe multiple drawing artifacts on the screen (mostly ghosts and an occasional all black screen).
- Switch the renderer to Cycles
- Observe that volumetrics work for the World and for the Object.