Short description of error
After deleting a particle edit, the filesize remains the same.
For particle systems with large amount of particles, this leads to massive filesize bloat that cannot easily be reversed.
The only way around it is to delete the Particle System and add it again with the same Particle Settings, but this is troublesome because particle settings relating to the object (ie, vertex groups and materials) need to be setup again in the particle settings.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- Create particle system (eg, hair)
- set particle amount to something large like 300,000
- in particle edit mode make some changes
- save, observe filesize (around 100mb)
- Delete Edit from particle system panel
- save, observe filesize (doesn't reduce)