Based on T61936: EOL GPU problems tracking report we will define minimum requirements for GPU. Once this is decided blender.org, the release notes and user manual need to be updated.
- macOS: 10.12+ is required due to driver bugs in older versions. GPUs released in last 10 years appear to work fine, but newer recommended for working well in Eevee.
- NVIDIA: need GT 200 or newer.
- Windows: known issues with older drivers, which are on Windows 7 and 8, as well as older cards on Windows 10 (HD 4000). Blender works but Eevee has issues.
- Linux: cards from last 10 years appear to work.
- GCN or higher are working stable, older Terascale cards have many reported bugs. On Windows there were no Terascale drivers released in the last 3 years, so we can't realistically support them well. On Linux the situation for Terascale may be a bit better, but still GCN is probably required for good results.