Design task to coordinate the UI project. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible.
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have.
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
Long Term Projects
Development may span multiple release cycles.
Medium Term Projects
Development should be possible in a single release cycle.
- T57685: Add Save Before Closing to File -> New & File -> Open
- T61553: Add Prompt to Save unsaved images when closing
- T61554: Region Overlap: Input is blocked
- T63996: Click over a Gizmo to select items underneath it
- T63744: Overlapping gizmo handles for 3D view translate & scale
- T63987: Scale gizmo center circle sensitivity issue
- T57725: Using scale handles with the Transform tool is almost impossible when viewed on-axis
- T61578: Outliner Visibility Update
- T63988: Outliner: Synced Selection
- T63989: Outliner: Select all items in-between when holding Shift
- T63992: Outliner: Keyboard navigation
- T63990: Outliner: Box Select by dragging from the left gutter.
- T63991: Outliner: Mode switching
- T57746: Outliner: Dragging over disclosure triangles moves item rather than opening/closing
- T57855: Outliner. Drag and drop to parent should support multiple objects
Small improvements and polish. Since there are many, they are in a separate list
- T63739: Keymap option to configure Tilde Key for the 3D viewport
- T63727: Option for absolute navigation for viewport gestures (Alt-MMB)
- T56950: UI Paper Cuts (Parent Task) (old paper-cuts task, new paper cuts should be added here).
- T64001: Support dragging to change tabs in the side-bar
- T64365: Support Context menu for operator search items
- T59244: Quick Favorites: add support for operator/prop enums (e.g. "Set origin")
- T65704: Assign shortcuts: add support for enum menus