Design task to coordinate the UI project. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible.
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have.
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
Long Term Projects
Development may span multiple release cycles.
- T46049: Assets Integration in Blender
- T67088: Everything Nodes UX
- T67452: Text rendering: Add full support for complex scripts layout (like devanagari, thai, etc.)
- T68884: Keymap system refactor
Medium Term Projects
Development should be possible in a single release cycle.
- T57918: Tweaks & Fixes for Improved Left Click Select Support (Parent task)
- T69992: Shortcuts for Tools (design task)
- T67870: Transform has hard-coded keys to the modal keymap
- T70047: Gizmo support for all tools
- T66304: Tools, Selection & Gizmo design
- T57210: Create Object Tools Todo
- T57234: Extended Controls for Camera Gizmo
- T67168: Finish B-Bone Spline Gizmo
- T68649: Improve communication of auto-save behavior by adding dialog box to "Load Factory Preferences/Settings"
- T69819: Secondary window improvements
- T57846: Use toolbar for Clip Editor
- Add Toolbar to the Sequencer
- T54951: Properties Editor Design Search Properties Editor
- T54987: Implement Multi-Object Properties Editing
- T65965: Checkboxes alignment tweaks
Small improvements and polish. Since there are many, they are in a separate list
- T63727: Option for absolute navigation for viewport gestures (Alt-MMB)
- T65919: Support "Menu" key to open the context menu
- T57721: For ID blocks, move + and x buttons into popover
- T64001: Support dragging to change tabs in the side-bar
- T64365: Support Context menu for operator search items
- T59244: Quick Favorites: add support for operator/prop enums (e.g. "Set origin")
- T65704: Assign shortcuts: add support for enum menus
- T67071: Rotate drawing canvas (viewport)
- D5762: Show the number of verts & faces for selected objects in object mode
- T69323: Remove/Update "Emulate Middle Mouse" preference
- T62971: File Browser UI
- T56949: Blender 2.8: Pie menu improvements
- T68448: Reports & Warnings UI