Design task to coordinate the modeling project. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
Long Term Projects
Development may span multiple release cycles.
- T68886: Performance issues for edit mode and highpoly meshes
- T67997: Retopology in Blender
- T66337: Snapping & precision modeling improvements
- T67510: OpenVDB remeshing
- T67509: Quadriflow remeshing
- D4980: Revival of the OpenVDB Particle Mesher Modifier
- T67744: Boolean Redesign
- T68887: Text object editing rich text and UI/UX
- T57239: Remove DerivedMesh
- T68836: Editor Transform Refactoring
- T68889: UV Mapping Improvements
- T68890: Metaball fixes
- ? T68888: Mesh support for n-gons with holes
Medium Term Projects
Development should be possible in a single release cycle.
- T68891: Per-Mesh Subsurf with OpenSubdiv
- D5344: Blueprint tool
- D5516: GSoC 2019: Bevel Custom Profiles
- Multi-object outliner toggle T55353
- D3993: Improve proportional editing calculation to use a kd-tree when calculating distances. (review after 2.80).
- D5336: Destructive Extrude Operator (review after 2.80).
- T67446: Box selection in UV editor does not work with Island selection mode
- T68401: Improve Interior Face Selection Method
- T68892: Custom normals polishing
- T68930: Mesh support mirror (symmetry) on all axes
Small improvements and polish.