Design task to coordinate the Python & Add-ons Module project. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
- (straightforward) - Task which is straightforward to implement, which don't rely on larger API changes or refactoring.
Long Term Projects
Development may span multiple release cycles.
- T56165: Add-On Repository
- T68977: Drawing API improvement
- T63713: Python 4.0 delayed annotation evaluation (from __future__ import annotations )
- T54272: Python API for Blender's internal image functions (partially completed).
- T70860: Use 'Vectorcall' for faster function calling (Python 3.8)
- T70861: Use 'PyPreConfig' for initialization (Python 3.8)
Medium Term Projects
Development should be possible in a single release cycle.
Small changes and polish.
- T73074: Add-on's and app-template installation ignores file permissions (execution flag)
- T73301: Support mathutils.Vector.rotate for 2D vectors (straightforward)
- T73816: Python/RNA: Cannot use Step Indice for Slicing (straightforward)
- T71420: Using PyPI from Blender
- T71486: Support for keeping preferences of disabled add-ons
- T71506: Handler save_pre doesn't get called for session recovery save
- T68656: Info Editor's Replay fails (needs [modal?] ability to select area/region to execute in)
- D6691: Experimental support for app-templates in user preferences scripts