Design task to coordinate the Python & Add-ons Module project. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
Long Term Projects
Development may span multiple release cycles.
- T56165: Add-On Repository
- T68977: Drawing API improvement
- T63713: Python 4.0 delayed annotation evaluation (from __future__ import annotations )
- T54272: Python API for Blender's internal image functions (partially completed).
- T70860: Use 'Vectorcall' for faster function calling (Python 3.8)
- T70861: Use 'PyPreConfig' for initialization (Python 3.8)
Medium Term Projects
Development should be possible in a single release cycle.
Small changes and polish.