Design task to coordinate the sculpt/paint/texture project. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
Long Term Projects
Development may span multiple release cycles.
- T67518: New sculpting tools
- T68873: Highpoly mesh sculpting performance
- T68894: Layered and procedural texture painting tools
- T54656: Cycles/Eevee texture nodes for modifiers, painting and more
- T68896: Texture painting usability
- T67520: Vertex painting in sculpt mode
- T68897: Multi-layered image support
- T68898: Layered sculpting
Medium Term Projects
Development should be possible in a single release cycle.
Small improvements and polish.
- T68900: Mask Display and editing does not work with modifiers
- T68929: LookDev: Add option to set the background color
- T55469: Include an Eraser Brush by default
- T34549: Quick edit image buffer is saved as 8bit image
- T70038: Vertex Paint ➔ Paint menu ➔ Smooth Vertex Colors could be improved
Please note the next are still under discussion by the module owners. When agreed upon they will get a task and priority assigned to.
- ? Texture Painting: Redesign texture masking. Currently mostly useless or too cumbersome
- ? Image Editor: Option to view the material output as 2d image (realtime full shaded baking unwrapped). With option for available render passes
- ? LookDev: Background blurriness slider.
- ? LookDev: When using EEVEE; custom HDRI's should be able to cast shadows (detect and/or manually detect highlight)
- ? Texture Painting: 3D brush behavior with 2d falloff option, in stead of the current 2d projection painting
- ? Texture Painting: Performacne improvements to the Soften tool
- ? Texture Painting: Syncronize (both ways) Texture/image node selection between the 3d viewport, image editor and shader editor
- ? Image Editor: Orientate (rotate) the image in the image editor
- ? Image Editor: Add symmetry options for drawing straight (image/view) axis aligned strokes;
- ? Image Editor: Introduce a Overlay pop-over and move appropriate settings to this popover. (Display Texture Paint UVs, Stretching etc)
- ? Image Editor: Somewhat related is the drawing of the UV overlays; T62917: UV editor: Edge overlay not shown when edge overlay type is set to 'Dash'
- ? Brushes: Add rake option to tiled texture mapping for a 'paint roller' effect instead of the current stencil stamping
- ? Brushes: Add Lock Border option to all tools to optionally not affect borders while sculpting (for example smoothing a piece of cloth)
- ? Brushes: Add a depth setting and decouple the setting from the current brush radius.