Operating system: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GT 1030/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 385.12
Broken: version: 2.80 (sub 58), branch: master, commit date: 2019-04-23 12:31, hash: rB5a144c797a3b
Short description of error
When using Custom Split Normal Data (or just custom vertex normal) with mirror modifier, normal vectors are not mirrored properly.
Exact steps for others to reproduce the error
- In default Cube, Object Data, Normals, enable Auto Smooth
- Move base cube in edit mode off the origin center
- Select all and go to Mesh, Normals, Set From Faces
- Select top face and repeat Set From Faces
- Add mirror modifier to the object
Results are different, not mirrored normals.
[Based on the attached .blend file (as simple as possible)]