Design task to coordinate the Animation & Rigging project. This is a curated list of items agreed on by module owners.
Order of importance:
- Very Important - These we should handle before the next release.
- Somewhat Important - These issues would be nice to do as soon as possible.
- Less Important - Extra polish, nice to have.
- ? Incomplete - Tasks needing more details before implementing.
Long Term Projects
Development may span multiple release cycles.
- T68901: Motion path viewport editing
- T68902: Animation layer
- T68904: Animation 2020 feedback from studios
- T68905: Motion path revamp
- T68906: Animation fine-tuning sculpting
- T68907: Node based rigging
- ? Region for animators to place often used panels and tools T68885
Medium Term Projects
Development should be possible in a single release cycle.
- T61234: Mirroring Grease Pencil keyframes in the Dopesheet fails if the playhead is within the area being mirrored
- T68908: Faster Animation Playback
- T68909: Faster motion path
- T69396: Switching dynamics from rigid body animation does not work
- T70269: ChildOf constraint 'Set Inverse' not working when targeting vertex group
- T68910: Pose library polishing
Small improvements and polish.
- T68912: Frame-by-frame animation tool polishing
- T63900: Split up pose mode keymap to avoid weight-paint conflicts
- T73160: Disallow children of constrained bone as IK target
- D3837: Implement a new Lock-Relative mode in Weight Paint. implemented, waiting on feedback from riggers.
- T69046: Cache loading via animation system
- T68962: Graph Editor: Link Visible and Selected states
- T68973: Animation channels list UI
- T68987: Graph Editor: Curve drawing improvements
- T68988: Graph Editor: Automatic Colours can be confusing
- T71238: Stacked mode for F-curves in Graph editor.
- ? T54989: FaceMaps Phase 1: bone selection & bone display (Too brief, lacks details, needs involvement of rigger).